Thomas Pelle Veng, the ever-supportive Ponydad (and Ponyhusband!) has a few reminders for all the horse girls and women out there. We may still choose to ignore them, but they may be helpful, nonetheless.[adrotate group=”16″]
A great deal has been written about how husbands must conform if they want to be with a horse girl. Let me be clear before we get started. We who are lucky enough to share a wedding ring with a horsey girl find your sometimes slightly messy lifestyle very charming and, believe it or not, the smell of the horse trailer and the never-failing piece of hay in your flat helmet hair make our hearts gallop. Because without it, you wouldn’t be the women we fell in love with.
Be that as it may, there are some small reminders that would serve you well.
You may also like to read: Ponydad: Digital equestrian stalking to go!
10 things not to forget in your busy everyday life:
1. Your riding boots can stand in the garage when you are not riding. Don’t worry, the lovely smell of hay, horse and manure is going to fill the house anyway.
2. Remember to holiday together occasionally… No, the horse can’t come.
3. You are allowed to dress up and change out the otherwise nice tight riding pants with a dress every now and then.
4. Remember from time to time to include your husband in your joint finances. Explain to him, how it is that the entry “Miscellaneous” in row 147 in the Excel sheet is the biggest monthly expense. It can be quite difficult to understand.
5. It may be that the horse’s shoe budget is still larger than yours, but how many riding boots do you really need?
6. Dinner after 8 p.m. can be nice. But every day?!
7. Imagine if there were an alarm on your phone that could help you keep the time you spend in the stable under to three hours. Wouldn’t that be smart?
8. Just because the car can, it does not mean that it should be wallpapered with rosettes and insulated with hay and wrap.
9. Even if you are time-optimists, please listen to the time-realist at home occasionally. Horse shows every weekend might be over the top.
10. Remember, your husband is not just a piece of meat. He also has feelings ;O). Please pat him and give him a treat once in a while, too.