Let your horse relax with the Hotspot for horses – reaching areas the massage pad doesn’t.
Offering comforting heat and massage options, the Hotspot soothes and relaxes your horses hardworking muscles.
- The choice is yours – pick from heat and 2 different types of massage.
- Tailor the massage with 3 different strengths.
- Fits into your daily routine with a 10-minute programme.
- There’s no muscle you can’t reach.
- Battery operated to take it with you wherever you go.
- Contains 1 x Mitt Hotspot, 1 x Storage Bag, 1 x Equilibrium Battery, 1 x Equilibrium Charger.
- Plus – the Hotspot is not just for horses! You can use it on yourself too!
What inspired the horse Massage Mitt Hotspot for horse
With the Massage range already helping horses worldwide, it seemed only natural to add the next best thing – heat! Not just a heat pad, we’ve added different types of massage so you can really tailor the session to your horses needs and preferences.
How can Massage and Heat benefit horses?
Our horses work hard for us with a lot of pressure being put onto their muscles through exercise.
Massage and heat are two simple ways in which we can help support healthy muscle function in our horse.
Performance depends on freedom of movement, full flexibility and an absence of musculoskeletal pain, all of which can be improved using massage (Gellman, 1998).
These factors also contribute towards keeping your horse comfortable and happy in general too!
Benefits of Massage include:
- Helps maintain healthy blood and lymph circulation.
- Soothes tired muscles.
- Supports recovery after exercise.
- Promotes relaxation.
Using heat is a great way to help sensitive horses who may find massage too much. Heat is non-invasive, gentle and well accepted with many associated benefits.
Research suggests that tissue temperature needs to increase by at least 3 to 5°C from the resting temperature (Bockstahler et al, 2004). However using something that is too hot could cause discomfort and even damage to the tissue.
The Massage Mitt Hotspot has been tested to increase skin temperature by 8.7°C on average.
Benefits of Heat include:
- Helps maintain good oxygen supply to muscles.
- Encourages muscle relaxation.
- Increases flexibility.
Using the equine Massage Mitt Hotspot
A full charge of the battery can take up to 12 hours. The charger indicator light with be red when charging. It will turn to green once the battery is fully charged.
Open the base of the Hotspot heat pad by using the red tabs. Plug the connector into the battery and then you’re ready to go!
The Hotspot will run approx. 10 x 10 minute heat and massage sessions from a fully charged battery (based on the high massage setting). To prolong the life of your battery, please disconnect when not in use.
Choosing your setting
To select the desired massage setting, press the relevant button once for low, twice for medium and three times for high. Pressing it for a fourth time will turn the Hotspot heat pad off.
You can turn the heat on/off by simply pushing the button once.
LOW – this is best suited for a relaxing massage:
- After exercise.
- On a day of rest.
- For a sensitive horse.
- When introducing the Hotspot for the first time.
MEDIUM – this is best suited for general maintenance and everyday use:
- For a pre-exercise warm up.
- General maintenance massage.
HIGH – this is best suited:
- For horses who prefer a more intense massage.
- Those with thicker coats.
- Horses who are a bit overweight.
Use cyclical massage for your horse if you are holding the Hotspot heat pad still. This is useful when targeting a specific area.
Use continuous massage for your horse if you are moving the Hotspot heat pad over larger areas. This allows each sweep to deliver the same massage.
Use the heat for your horse on its own for a gentle session to aid healthy circulation. This is ideal for sensitive horses or those returning to work. Heat is also perfect to help warm up muscles prior to stretching your horse.
For the ultimate session, use heat and massage together! This is best suited when holding the Hotspot heat pad in one area or sweeping it over a smaller area.
Who is the Massage Mitt Hotspot for?
All horses and ponies could certainly benefit from the Massage Mitt, including those
- At rest/retirement.
- In work from hacking to competition. This includes horses returning to work or retraining.
- For older horses.
- Horses on box rest, standing in for long periods of time or on limited turnout.
See www.equilibriumproducts.com for cautions and contraindications for use, and care of product.