Place magnets where you want them in this smart magnetic rug designed to support mobility, aid joint function and maintain a healthy horse.
- Target anywhere you want with moveable magnets.
- Ideal for ridden horses, veterans, those on box rest/standing in for long periods of time.
- Fits easily into your routine – use it before/after exercise or even overnight!
- With anti-rub lining at the chest and point of shoulder, and a detachable neck.
- Contains 6 powerful and large magnets (25cm each).
- One year product guarantee.
Do not apply magnets on open wounds, bruises, areas of inflammation or for the first 5 days following steroid injections.
What inspired the Equilibrium Magnetic Rug for horses?
Inspired by one of Equilibrium’s own horses, Jack, who retired sound from racing after 71 races. Jack was 10 at the time of retiring and got up to all sorts of mischief when he didn’t have a job to do, so the decision was taken to retrain him as a riding horse. However, Jacks back was incredibly sensitive, and he wasn’t keen on anyone touching it. He would wear his Magnetic Rug under his stable rug overnight and use his Massage Pad in the day. Eventually, Jack went on to have a very successful (second!) career in endurance until he retired in 2014 at Equilibrium HQ, where he still rules the roost today!
What is the material used within the Magnetic Rug for horses?
This comfortable rug is made from a poly-cotton twill giving it the best of both materials. It is breathable and soft, yet strong!
The rug also features
- Anti-rub lining across the chest, shoulder and neck for your horses’ comfort
- Nylon hook receptive inner lining to attach magnets where your horse needs them.
Which magnets are used and how do they work?
The body’s cells have electromagnetic properties which means they can be affected by a magnetic field. The magnets are used in this Magnetic Rug for horses and present two alternating poles to the body, negative and positive, making them different to standard Neodymium magnets, which present only one pole. These strong, circular and permanent magnetic fields of alternating pole sequences penetrate into the body tissue.
When should the Magnetic Horse Rug be used?
- Every day as part of your horses’ daily routine for maintaining back health. Usually overnight or in the day when stood in.
- For horses in work from hacking to competition. This includes horses returning to work or retraining.
- For older horses or those who are slow to warm up.
- Horses on box rest, standing in for long periods of time or on limited turnout.
- General knocks and bumps.